Monday, September 14, 2015

'I'm doomed' to say there's no difference

My little sister gets exasperated when she reads comments to me on Facebook that suggest I have a good outlook on life.

What are you telling these people  different from what you tell your family, she yells; you're a bitter sad-sack (I'm paraphrasing because I lack her command of the four-letter word).

Now I have the answer: absolutely nothing!

I have had various medical appointments lately, like Wednesday's echocardiogram to make sure I am healthy enough for the dreaded colonoscopy next month. A friend at work noticed, and at lunch asked if I was OK.

"I'm doomed," I replied. And if that is not what I'd say to my family, I'm a monkey's uncle -- and my nephews and nieces are mostly homo sapiens.

P.S. I love my sister, and I may have put a modest spin on things. She does, however, have a fierce command of four-letter words.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why has no one pitched this reality show to Bravo yet?
xx
JTG

Anonymous said...

can i do the casting? I have some really good ideas and lists of people i'd like to meet!

Anonymous said...

I especially like the ED cursing like a sailor. I am known to do it and there is someone in this house that does it whenever he is cooking in the kitchen. There is also a Trott/McCauley saying that must come from the family and that is damnation. I think I should count how many times I hear that one. I am surprised it was not on the famous marriage quiz. Love it. Yes, I would like to be involved in the casting and Judy, you are spot on with a reality show. A reality show with people with disabilities would be totally hilarious because we would just let it all hang out! Maybe I'll write a blog about that. Unless Matt beats me to it.
sdt

Matt said...

No, damnation is not Trott-ese. Surprising that it's unfamiliar. I don't want a reality show but a scripted show based on the blog.

Anonymous said...

No, it's a reality show. it's thirty minutes of Matt laughing while Emily yells at him with the other sisters on speaker phone. I'd watch that.
xx
JTG


Blog Archive