Sunday, January 24, 2021

My brilliant niece

 My niece tells me she brings me up in her college interviews. I think I also made an appearance in one of her college essays.

So maybe it was payback that she had to pick me up off the bathroom floor one morning last week and pull up my pants (thankfully, just the back).

Except ...

She could talk about Dr. Who or Supernatural, and she'd still get in to the college. She'd find a way to make it fascinating and insightful, for one thing, and colleges won't care. When they look at her record, they must salivate. The interview is a formality. She is smarter than I was in high school, which I will deny if her mom brings it up, definitely more athletic and well-rounded, more disciplined and self-assured, and ridiculously kind. 

Also, no child should have to pick their uncle up as she and her brother do on a distressingly frequent basis.  I should be paying them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give yourself some credit. You helped make them who they are. Come on, you know that if your niece gets into the college of her choice she will need to buy you lots of gifts!
sdt


Blog Archive