Sunday, August 14, 2022

Hard but lucky

     My plan last night was to write about how life shouldn’t be this hard.

That thought was spurred by my inability to flip the waistband on my boxers while I was on the toilet. 

I was trying to that so I could pull up may pants so I could get my nephew to help me up. Not that  he’d care. He’s relatively unfluster-able. Pulling  my shorts up was for me.

The other issue that made me long for an easy life is that when I bent down to try to fix my boxers, my fingers got tangled in the rope tied to the flusher. This resulted in a weak flush that stopped my toilet up.

But I didn’t get to write that blog. Depending on how you view why, it can either be an additional difficulty or it can be interpreted as one of my many blessings.

About a mile or so from home on my return trip on my nightly walk, my battery died. 

I turned my chair off and on and lowered my speed. That got me to the street Mom and Dad live on.

As I went up the street, though, I got stuck in the gutter and repeatedly turning my chair off and on didn’t give me enough power to escape the gutter.

That’s when a friend who lives up the street happened by. 

She pushed me out of the gutter, then walked in front of me the rest of the way. Then she pushed me up the driveway and ramp.

OK,  life is hard, but I am lucky.


No comments:


Blog Archive