Saturday, January 7, 2023

Stupid cold almost kills me

I wore socks to bed last Saturday night.

I was trying to think ahead because I had, and still.  Have, a cold.

On the one hand, tests suggest it is just a cold. On the negative side, as my first cold in years, I pretty sure it will kill me.

The socks were because I was coughing, which causes my knees to jump toward my chest, which causes my blanket to fly off my feet.

But my feet got hot.

I  was using the lift to sit up and take the socks off, and it nearly worked, but I hit the down but on the lift accidentally, which caused the supports that hold the body to loosen and my right side to fall out of the lift. Fortunately, my back hit my chair so I stayed on the bed.

No problem, I thought, my watch is in easy reach. I’ll just call my sister.  But my watch was acting up.

Somehow, it called Mom, which took me a while to figure out. Then I had her call my sister who rescued me and took my socks off.

No comments:


Blog Archive