Saturday, March 25, 2023

Mooning my niece

 I was trying not to use my right arm Thursday to rest my forearm. This meant holding on to a grab bar with my left hand while on the toilet. It did not work well, and I fell off on to the floor, banging my head.

Fame was right there, ready to help, so I told to bark. Actually, I told her to drop her toy (she thinks when she barks, people come in to see her). Then I had her bark.

I was about to  phone my sister, who I had just seen outside, when my niece,  who is home from college, came in.

Her first  glimpse must have been my bare butt because my head was under the sink. After assuring her I was OK,  she seemed to hold a little debate with herself about whether to get her mom. But then she just sort of shrugged her shoulders and asked if I was getting in my chair or on the toilet.

Then she saw my head. “Is your head all right?”  she asked. I asked her if it was bleeding. Just scraped, she said.

She got me sitting against the door jamb,  lowered the lift, and got me in it — all, she told her mom later, “with minimal laughter.”

She may be more mature, but she’s still awesome.

No comments:


Blog Archive