Monday, January 22, 2007

Leave the grab bars alone

When I was in college, I worked for the school newspaper. I saved a file I needed in the perm folder. Over the summer, someone decided to empty the perm folder. When I came back to school, I could not find my file. I was asked where I had saved it. I said the perm folder and was told that folder had been emptied out. I asked why the "perm, meaning permanent" folder was emptied. Everyone laughed, but I never got my file back.

I was thinking of this today in the wheelchair-accessible stall in a bathroom at work. The grab bars were hung with newspapers, very handy if you were looking for reading material, not so helpful if you need to use the grab bars as say grab bars.

I know it it is crazy, but I figure a perm folder should be permanent and grab bars should be for grabbing.

No comments:


Blog Archive