Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Get me to the bathroom on time

I talked to my boss today about my 10-minute hunt for an accessible bathroom yesterday.

The first one I went into, the wheelchair stall had been used and left in a state that required some cleanup. I was about to just do it and even pulled out a bunch of toilet paper to wipe off the seat. But then I thought, NO. what kind of person leaves bodily fluid on a toilet seat. Not me. For example, today I slipped while using the toilet. This resulted in Claren and the floor getting a quick spritz. (Yes, it's gross. I said I was bitter, not pretty. Of course, I am pretty, too pretty to die, maybe that is the problem.) Anyway, I wiped that up.

The second one has had a river running through it from a leaky urinal for a couple of weeks, even though I complained about it last week. And like the goose poop, I don't like to wheel through toilet water.

Finally, I found one on another floor, but just to keep the story going, the bathroom door locked for some reason. I had to fiddle with it to escape.

My boss just said OK. There is not much he can do here. He suggested I call and complain about the water again and he said if it wasn't fixed to let him know.

Then I told him it was pretty crazy that a newish building had a big auditorium that is rented out to groups but does not have a place to sit in a wheelchair except in the aisle. He said to send him an e-mail about that and he would send it up the line and see what happens.

I guess that is a step forward. I don't think yesterday was the last day i'll spend more time hunting for a bathroom than I do using it.

1 comment:

Professor Howdy said...

Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!


Blog Archive