Thursday, July 19, 2007

I must crush you

When my 4-year-old niece was born, I named her my arch-nemesis because I correctly deduced that she would be the one to steal the attention from me. I was right, of course.

This evening I figured out what to do about it: Crush her.

It nearly worked.

I woke up from a nap at mom and dad's and got in my chair. K-dog, my niece, was nearby, so I pretended to lose my balance and tumble on to the floor.

But K-dog's quick. She ducked out of the way so that I just nicked her toes. She is also quick-witted: Her smirk of triumph was immediately replaced by a look of horror that her uncle tried to crush her.

Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't her protector jump in to, well, protect her?
And, more importantly, were you hurt?
mtc

Matt said...

I survived unscathed but sad.


Blog Archive