Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hit me with your best shot

Who knew, but apparently today in addition to being Tuesday was also Kill the Kid in the Wheelchair Day.

I was crossing the four-lane road in front of my condo. I made it across lanes 1 and 2 with no problem and was sitting in the median waiting for two cars in lane 4 to pass. Well, the first car slowed for me to stop, but before I could even utter "son of a b," the second car passed the first car and zoomed by in lane 3.

Lest you forget, this was a bad dream of mine.

I wasn't prepared for what happened next.

I got on the sidewalk and was going down the road when I looked up and saw a gal on a mountain bike bearing down on me and Claren. Her teeth were bared and clenched. She rode to the side of the sidewalk but it was like the grass was lava. She wasn't going there.

Finally, I went into the grass and somehow the lava didn't burn me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day, Matt, these things will happen when I am with you and in a fighting mood. I look forward to the catharsis.
love you
mtc

Matt said...

Awesome. I am a fan of catharsis.


Blog Archive