Monday, December 3, 2007

I am a cartoon character

Like all of my muscles, my neck ones aren't that great, so when I nudged the soap and shampoo container this morning, my head went Klonk, Kllonk, Klonk, ricocheting between the soap holder and the grab bar.

I thought that would be the worst thing that happened today. I would be wrong.

I was sitting on my chair in the wheelchair stall at work, buttoning my pants. I was also sitting on a piece of newspaper. That started sliding, and all of a sudden I was on my rear in the stall.

I was not hurt but was terrified of someone coming into the bathroom and seeing this pair of feet scrambling to stand up but not getting traction. It was like a Bugs Bunny cartoon where somebody runs off a cliff and his legs keep moving but he doesn't go anywhere. That's what it was like ... except I was in a wheelchair stall in the bathroom of a Fortune 500 company.

I eventually got up, but it seems kind of silly that my life resembles that of Wile E. Coyote.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, Matt, the kilt would eliminate half your problems -- no buttons, no legs, no ticky zippers. I might suggest this to Sherri for your xmas present.
xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

Ummm, the no legs thing is not so cool when it is 30 out and the wind blows.

Anonymous said...

I think you are like Wile E. Coyote in that you are a Sooooper Genius.
love
mtc

Matt said...

Well, yes, I am a super genius as long as it doesn't involve girls.


Blog Archive