Thursday, February 7, 2008

My chair is embarrassing me

I got to my aqua-therapy appointment, and no one was there. Well, no one was in the office part.

I saw one therapist in the gym working with two high school kids. Then another came out of somewhere. But I still could not see Greg, and everyone seemed to just be ignoring me. I wheeled into the gym hoping someone would pay attention to me and I finally saw Greg with a patient, so I just backed out of the gym and waited for him.

He motioned me back in a bit, and the other two therapists started to make fun of me. Actually of my power chair. Hope you never have to sneak up on someone in that, said one. Yeah or go to surprise parties, said the other.

I told them I was just waiting for insurance to come through for a new chair. I ordered one last week, a Jazzy 600. I hope Sid from After the Fall is able to persuade my insurer to pay for it.

Colors are pretty limited: red, blue, champagne and black. I think I will order red, excuse me, candy-apple red. It also won't have the comfy seating seen in the link. I don't really want something I don't want to get out of. Neither do my therapists. We all agree that it is good I move around. It will also have a plate on the left side because I tilt left apparently. The seat cushion is also going to be overfilled on the left to help my sitting.

As I was waiting to get put in the pool, I watched one of the high school kids. He was skipping through what looked like a rope ladder laid on the ground. His feet were moving so fast I could not even follow them, and he needs therapy? My little laps around the edge of the pool suddenly seemed pretty wimpy.

Of course, it was still pretty dang tough.

No comments:


Blog Archive