Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The same story since fifth grade

In fifth grade, I missed 22 days in the third quarter because of scarlet fever and because afterward I just could not get back on track. Probably no one really believed me except Mom, I just didn't feel right for ages after.

The teacher's note to my parents that accompanied the report card says: "Hopefully Matt will feel more like studying now that spring is here."

I have been thinking about that note a lot recently as snow piles up over the bushes and sidewalks.

I'd feel more like doing anything if spring would come. i know it is early, and I know it will come. But every snowflake makes me more pessimistic about weather.

5 comments:

marypat said...

I am so with you! I'd feel more like doing all the things I have to do around this place if I could just open some windows and not be FREEZING cold. I love spring. It's such a hopeful time of year.

Anonymous said...

I am completely out of whack.
J

Anonymous said...

all I CAN SAY IS global wierding!
sdt

Anonymous said...

I love the Mom shout-out. -- Ellen

Matt said...

Hi Marypat,I saw your your house is all snowy, too. Yuck! Tell Ian to come up with some black hole/warming thing.

I, too, am out of whack, J. And Claren likes to play in an area totally out of sight behind a big pile of snow. She could be writing a book back there.

What has Al Gore done for me lately? I'll believe in global warming if he shovels the walk.

Ooh, I forgot to give it the Mom tag!


Blog Archive