Wednesday, December 21, 2016

A few good men, and women

All right, first off, the paucity of the Nativity has absolutely nothing to do with the cold I have had.

I had hoped to have a Matt and Fame action figure in the Nativity this year, but the not-so-awesome digital printers at Awesome Con took my photos but never got in touch with me figure-wise. Very sad. I did get a new action figure this year. He was from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, in theory. But he never made it beyond the cutting room floor, so but he was deemed Nativity-unworthy. Actually, he is still in his box — that’s the real reason. I also got Captain America from someone at work. I never found out who. He is at the office, though.

But look who is here!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and Santa, stalwarts all.

Silver Surfer is watching over things. I know it ignores Aunt May’s turn during one Assistant Editor’s Month, but he is the coolest herald of Galactus.

Next to him is Buffy the Vampire Slayer to provide a little slayage if any “forces of darkness” show up. I watched the first two episodes of Buffy recently, Awesome. I can’t wait to watch the best show ever with my niece.

Next up are the Big Three.

Then there is the cowboy who rides an ostrich from the Island of Misfit Toys. I can’t believe I left him out this long.

Shaggy is in mainly because we moved a plant when I put up my tree, which meant I had to move Shaggy, which meant he was blocking my clock. But maybe he has some Scooby snacks in case folks get hungry.

Finally, stepbrothers Juggernaut and Professor X. Really, they are. The Marvel Universe is a mite incestuous.

Here are the ones from 2007,  2008200920102011201220132014 and 2015. These posts also have some background. And God must be amused by this because I have not been struck down yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And all illuminated by the wise men's star, the leg lamp.
Can't wait to see it in person.
xx
JTG


Blog Archive