Friday, January 19, 2018

I smell blood

Mom slept poorly Wednesday night, and I made her do a bunch of stuff Thursday, like my hearing appointment. So when I needed to take a shower Thursday night, I asked my sister.

I showered no problem, she helped me into and went to make me tea. That's when the problems started.

I sat up in bed to pull down my shirt.

As I sat up, I noticed my legs were not bent at the knee as my awesoeneeme physical therapist had suggested for safety. I didn't have long to notice because almost immediately I lost my balance and fell of the bed into my chair. I managed to call my sister. She immediately came and called my brother-in-law.

They got me on my bed. My brother-in-law went to get the van (this was kind of the first inkling i had that I was bleeding; well, that and the blood on my sheets).

This left my sister to deal with Bloody Matty.

She first tried by calling my niece to help. She saw the blood, ignored my sister's "heads bleed a lot," threw her mom the requested wash cloth and disappeared.

My nephew was more  amenable, helping me put on pants and shoes, even offering to go get the staple gun and fix me up.

Then my brother-in-law came back with the van, and Mom.

The ER was fast -- home with six staples in a little over an hour.

I give my sister grief in this blog, but she is pretty incredible. No one should have to mother an older sibling. She does it wonderfully.

No comments:


Blog Archive