Sunday, January 21, 2018

Man hits car ... almost

When I roll anywhere, I tend to bow my head. Not all the time, I watch where I am going. But with my head down, I can navigate or avoid entirely bad curb cuts, bumps, gum or dog poop. I block wind and am able to help Mom on her quest for pennies.

It is not good for posture or breathing or apparently crossing the street.

I was approaching an intersection on the bike trail, so I stopped. I saw a car coming up, so I was going to let it pass. But it stopped completely. So I began to cross. It is a bad curb cut at that intersections my head was bowed. I raised it when I got down safely, just in time to see these of a car three feet in front of me.

I think the driver somehow didn't see me and was a stopped for someone coming the other way -- even though I was nearer and wearing a bright orange jacket.

Before leaving on a walk today, Mom told me to keep my head up. I did.

No comments:


Blog Archive