Friday, March 2, 2018

Good uncle. Brother? Eh.

The lawyer at the estate planning meeting yesterday informed me that the point of it was to make life easier for my people after I kick it.

This explanation came in response to my comment that my sister, my sole beneficiary, would probably share my estate, but honestly I didn't care because I'd be dead.

He actually made me think about what I wanted.

I decided to divide it all between my nieces and nephews. That sort of screws over the one brother with no kids, I realize.

Mom and I were having a bit of an argument about the cost. It was more than I anticipated. I said I better die quickly so this pays off. She said the opposite: I need to live a long time to pay it off.

I guess whenever I die will work then. As long as it's not before I sign everything.

No comments:


Blog Archive