Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Niece and nephew to the rescue

It has been a few weeks since the kids I live with were on Spring Break, and I miss them.

Not their shiny, happy faces. They are teenagers, so the break was mostly spent in the attic playing Xbox.

I miss their willingness to help their poor uncle when he falls.

Mom and my sister were out at the store when I called Mom from the floor and asked her to call in the kids.

They came right down and after making sure I was fully clothed, leaped into action like a finely tuned machine.

My niece dragged me to lean against my bed. This was not too hard as I was wearing a fleece and sweats, so I slid easily. I stayed against the bed for maybe 10 seconds before my slippery clothes caused me to slide down. Seeing this, my niece grabbed me, stood behind me so I could lean against her legs as she held me up.

My nephew got the lift out and maneuvered it into position.

Once she had her legs back, my niece got my chair out go the bathroom, and my nephew lowered me into it.

It was all quite exciting and I miss having that safety net.

I am thinking about seeing if they'll drop out to beat my beck and call. My niece probably wouldn't, but my nephew?

I'll even get an Xbox for my room ... or maybe a PlayStation.

No comments:


Blog Archive