Wednesday, April 25, 2018

I don't want to be curmudgeonly

It didn't take me long to tell my therapist (yes, I finally found a mental therapist I like) what ability I'd like back. Granted, I'd love to run or even walk, and, of course, it would be cool if my heart wasn't a jerk, but hands down it is heading I miss most.

I've detailed what I miss before, but I realized a new one recently.

I listen to music I know well, usually meaning created by the mid-'90s.

There are exceptions: Katy Perry, oddly enough, or the Gaslight Anthem. But for the most part, if you sing a song written after 1995 (much earlier for the most part), you are  dead to me.

I don't like this. I can remember rooting through an uncle's record collection years ago and he had lots of old blues and Rolling Stones but also Tina Turner and Timbuk 3 (The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades). And yes, my uncle was cool, still is.

I, on the other hand, am well on byway to being an old curmudgeon. But not by choice.

No comments:


Blog Archive