Monday, June 3, 2019

Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling, My Son Matt

I have been wearing the ankle violator most nights and the regular left brace most days I am home, ao the morning I thought let's wear both braces to work.

I am sure you can deduce what happened, but I assure you that you can't guess the extent.

As I stood to transfer to the toilet, my shoe came off.

I managed to sit down and I went to the bathroom with one shoe off and  one shoe on.

Then I tried to get my shoe on.

My foot was in the brace,   so first, I tried to get my shoe on without removing the brace. No go.

Then I tried removing the brace, which involves hiking up my pants leg to undo the brace strap.

I finally got it off, but I still had to put my shoe on.

Keep in mind that I am doing this all one-handed, so I can hold on. When I put it like that, of course I couldn't get my shoe on. And I couldn't.

I tried standing up, but my left foot was sliding.

I am not particularly proud and frequently ask for help, but there is a line. For me, it was calling for someone to shod me while on the toilet.

So I put my left foot on the loose shoe and stood successfully. I had determined not to tempt fate and just pull up my boxers. I'd pull up my jeans once my shoes were on and I could stand safely.

But ...

When  I sat in my chair, the loose shoe flipped into the adjoining stall out of reach.

Somehow  I got my jeans up, then went into the main part of the bathroom, opened the adjoining stall, had Fame get the shoe, and went to put it on.

It was too much, so I took the shoe to a friend. But she had started a position in another office today.

Back at my desk, I got it on and cursed the brace.

No comments:


Blog Archive