Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Back to School, Part II

I visited my favorite physical therapy grad school today to tell my story and show them my moves, like when I transferred to the mat and started to pull my shorts down. It's not easy to do.

I enjoy it. I get to talk about my favorite subject: me, and I get free PT.

No, actually it is about showing students a little of what someone with Friedreich's ataxia goes through on a daily basis. Maybe they had an idea.

They probably won't treat me (except the student already working with me) and maybe not FA for too much longer (not to be too optimistic), but there were still things they can use, I hope.

I think if I go back (and, of course I will if the teachers want), I will tell them at the outset that just like Steve Seagal, I am hard to kill. They'd have to look him up probably, but I want them to feel a little more at ease working with me. Only two or three wanted to try some PT on me.

And I'll leash Fame to my chair. She knows she needs to be good but tried her darnedest to get someone else to pet her. She was a hit, even if they did their best to ignore her.

It's fun. I like talking to classes. Part I.

No comments:


Blog Archive