Saturday, October 10, 2020

Fatigued

Not very good at "powering through."

I read an article last week where the author talked about being scared to stop looking at her phone lest more bad news happen.

She is clearly more optimistic than I am. I know no phone is going to protect me from bad news. If it isn't the pandemic, it's lies or hatred or anger or fear. 

Everything these days leads to the dark side.

Add to those "listening fatigue."

I knew about this intuitively, but this week got an email from my caption phone at work explaining why meetings are so tiring. I have to use part of my brain to hear, part to watch people and part to read the captions. That's assuming the captions are accurate and not X-rated gibberish, which oddly they often are. That means another part of my brain has to figure out what in the name of God,  assuming  sexual harassment isn't the goal, the speaker is saying.

No wonder all I want to do is sleep for a million years.


No comments:


Blog Archive