Thursday, November 3, 2022

I did this already

 Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.
The Godfather: Part III

I have not worried about a fib for years.    

My cardiologist has suggested I see the surgeon who did my cardiac ablation to make sure my a fib isn’t returning. I demurred. 

I told him the surgeon saw me four times and did not suggest seeing him again.

I also said I didn’t want to see two cardiologists and needed him to follow my possible a fib.

He put me on a two-week heart monitor, which I started Tuesday.

Tuesday night I was up late watching a multipart arc of The Rookie when I felt weird.

I figured I was just tired but eventually took my ECG on my watch to confirm I was fine.

I was in fib.

I called my long-suffering sister. When she got to my room, she asked me to take it again.  

It was normal.

A little later, I was back in a fib.

The on-call cardiologist said it didn’t sound like anything imminent was gong to happen, so we just  called my doctor Wednesday.

Also Wednesday I noticed I forgot to take my heart pic Tuesday because I was fasting before some bloodwork. One of the RNs said that likely explains the a fib.

Apparently, nothing was at all imminent because I still haven’t heard from my doctor.

No comments:


Blog Archive