Thursday, November 15, 2007

Do more with less

My company announced today that it is offering buyouts.

I am not the type of person targeted; I work in the online unit. The buyouts are offered to longtime staffers with little or no online experience. I guess I shouldn't be affected, well except by the rocky atmosphere at the workplace.

For the next several weeks the offliners will be looking at people like me (not me, of course, because I am preternaturally cute) as if we are jerky job-stealers. Try as we might, onliners will start thinking: "She should go; he should go; they can stay."

I suppose it is like this everywhere, the march of technology, of progress. It just makes me want to cry and go to sleep and never get out of bed.

And to bring it on back to the disability realm, the staff meeting was held in the room where the only spot for a wheelchair is the middle of the fucking main aisle.

No comments:


Blog Archive