Friday, November 9, 2007

OK, maybe it wasn't worth it

You know those full body stretches everyone feels the need for every so often? The ones that start at your toes and stop at you forehead. The ones where you don't really have a choice about them, your muscles just stretch.

And they feel so good.

Claren has the best stretches. When she wakes up, she starts to walk forward, but her back legs don’t move so she just stretches her body. Then she bends her back and bows down to stretch her front legs. I am jealous whenever I see it.

I had one of these stretches the other morning. Unfortunately, it wasn't when I was in my chair or in bed. I was standing up when every muscle in my body needed to stretch and did.

As I was sitting on the ground recovering from the expected fall that followed, I decided that maybe the fall was worth it. I was not hurt badly, and the stretch felt so awesome.

Today, I have a big, ugly bruise on my right hip. It doesn't hurt too much unless I touch it. Maybe I should just stretch in bed, to kind of head this issue off. It would be no where near as satisfying.

No comments:


Blog Archive