Friday, December 7, 2007

Work intrudes on my vacation

I am off for a few days, but I just talked to my boss. The people leaving my company by way of buyout have been announced: Claren will not be pleased.

My department is losing four people. One doesn't work at HQ, but I knew him and am kind of surprised. One is a nice guy that I did not really know that well. One is a woman I worked with a lot and am quite sad about. She is a big fan of Claren's.

I thought the last departing member was leaving. She came up to me and said, "Can I take Claren for a really long walk before I go?" I said sure, although I wasn't sure where she was going. I had an idea, though.

For the last couple of years, she took Claren out at lunch when I could not. She took her happily in the rain, the snow, the heat ... I got spoiled having her, knowing there was someone who knew how to take Claren out and loved it. I guess I will find someone else.

No comments:


Blog Archive