Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yes, Matt, you are an idiot

There are, I am certain, sillier questions than the one I asked the medical technician doing my bladder scan today.

Keep in mind she was a tech not my doctor, who will go over the test with me when I see her next week. (Not that I am saying techs aren't smart, but they don't always have the whole story.)

I asked her if everything looked OK.

Well, you have a stone or something in your left kidney, but you have no pain so I am not sure what we're going to do about that, she began. Other than that, everything's normal, she continued.

OH FUC ...

My prostate is too big, and I have something in a kidney.

I don't want a stone because I know they really hurt. But that might be better than the vague something. I don't know whether that something is like lint on the scanner or a tumor.  Mom says it is not a tumor.

She also made me promise not to google "kidney stone."

Now, I have a week to worry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no worrying---although I know it is a Trott/McCauley trait! Techs are not supposed to say anything about what they see.
sdt

Matt said...

I have never seen a worried McCauley.


Blog Archive