Sunday, January 7, 2018

I ❤️ my cardiologist, part II

I went to see my cardiologist last week to follow up on the ER visit the previous week.

As he did in October, he got me to relax -- well, as much as I ever do.

The zombie-like heart rate, he said, was just a mechanical error related to not actually feeling my pulse for at least 30 seconds.

The EKG that sent me to the ER was misread, he said. Apparently, the doctor's office thought it showed A-Fib, atrial fibrillation, an irregular and often rapid heart rate. What it actually showed was the heart's response to low blood pressure, which is to beat faster.

The low blood pressure probably resulted from my cold, which I didn't even know I had, or from my urinary tract infection.

I did everything right, he said, don't worry.

No comments:


Blog Archive