Sunday, April 12, 2009

If I had just been raised from the dead, I would be nicer

My manual wheelchair is kind of a piece of junk. Neither brake stops the chair from rolling, which is not so bad when you are in it but does make life kind of tough when you are trying to transfer into it.

I was getting ready for bed and had to go to the bathroom. I was kind of delaying until someone besides my 10-year-old niece got home.

But finally I decided to transfer into the chair, well try anyhow.

It moved and I fell.

To show my niece I was OK I decided to wait till I had my breath back before asking her to get my power chair. she did, and with as little sighing as possible I somehow got in. again I decided to wait till my breathing was at least mostly inaudible before heading to the bathroom.

I had issues in there and needed help. I had to scar my niece by calling her into the bathroom to put a towel on my chair before I sat. I did ask her for help and assure it was nothing at all gross.

She did it with no questions and it wasn't gross for her, but goddammit it is pretty gross for her 38-year-old uncle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's a good girl who loves her godfather-uncle. sorry you both had to do that.
jtg

Matt said...

Yes and yes


Blog Archive