Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Cold comfort

A priest Mom was listening to gave a homily on a miracle Gospel and essentially said that everyone would be cured in the end. She told him that one of her sons in a wheelchair finds that "very cold comfort."

I do.

I'll be dead in the end, so it is supposed to make me feel good that once I am dead, I'll be cured?

But I'll still be dead.

So, maybe an archeologist will dig me up in millions of years and exclaim, "My God, this dead body is the healthiest specimen I have ever seen. No disease, conditions or anything. It is astonishing." And then she will excavate me and take me on a worldwide tour labeled as "the Healthy Dead Man." And she'd become rich and happy. I'd be dead.

Who am I kidding? With the way the planet is warming, it won't be around in millions of years, and I'll be cremated.


No comments:


Blog Archive