Saturday, February 23, 2019

Be healed

At my previous job, there was a woman who said her preferred superpower was heal ing without anyone knowing she had cured them.

I told her the power was great, but I'd want a billboard saying I heard someone. I am kind of vain, but I wouldn't really want that.

If I could do it, that would be enough.

When someone I love had cancer years ago, I wished I had it, not them. I don't value my life less. I have just seen the crap that I handle and figured I could take on more.

It didn't happen.  I guess that is not an acceptable use of free will.

That hasn't stopped me from asking. I do, and I get mad when my prayer isn't granted.

I know that I can offer things to people fighting a life-changing illness. but there is next to nothing tangible I can contribute.

That is hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look you know what you did for me then and it was tangible and real and a goddam blessing.
I love you
J

Anonymous said...

Your epic list of curse words helped and still helps more than you know.
SDT

Matt said...

thanks


Blog Archive