Saturday, February 2, 2019

Brace-legs

Growing up I had braces and other orthodontia for years and years, so you would think braces are no big thing for me.

That stuff was in my mouth, and I was a little better-abled (although the fact that I used to successfully string tiny rubber bands between the top and bottom braces is mind-boggling).

Now, though, I am trying out my fourth pair of ankle braces. (Here are some past braces stories.)

The difference this time?

  • I like and trust my physical therapist better. She came over today to help me figure out how to use them. So I think I'll have support. My past and current student therapists also think they will help. 
  • I see benefits to them. Not invisible one like stretching my calves, which these will do, but ones I SEE: They keep my feet on the footplate. They also help me stand better.

But they are not easy to get on. Not now. I got the right one on in about five minutes and my PT had to help with the left. I'll keep at it. She seems to think that it'll get easier and that I can do it.

I mean I did the rubber bands. This should be easy.

No comments:


Blog Archive