Thursday, April 18, 2019

ER, it's been too long

It had been months since I had been to the ER -- they could have painted, gotten a whole new crowd of folks that didn't know me or worse the folks could have started to forget  me -- so Monday afternoon saw me back at the ER.

Quick side note: Of all the trips to the ER, Monday afternoon was hands down the busiest. I stayed in the waiting room an hour.

I had gotten a great report Friday from my cardiologist, but Monday morning I had some spells of being out of breath. I took my pulse after the second one and it was a bit high -- 100 bpm.

I called Mom. She called the cardio and came to get me. Then we went in to see them.

They would have sent me home after a fine EKG, but I mentioned that I was feeling a weightiness on my chest. WhOOPS. ER-bound.

Everything was fine there. The worst part was the nurse who didn't remember me.

My cardiologist has me on a heart monitor for two weeks.

My primary care doctor, who has known me about 20 years, prescribed Xanax.

Quick PS: I almost made back-to-back visits because I took a header into some gravel. Fame MuSt have undone my seatbelt when she was on my lap.

No comments:


Blog Archive