Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sleep apnea is winning

I have written before about how more than one disability causes issues. Like needing captioning and a wheelchair in movies. A  captioning pane doesn't sit at the right height, so you can read the captions or watch the movie, not both at once.

Sleep apnea and coordination issues is another.

If I ask Mom or my sister to put the mask on before they leave or go to bed, it tends to wake me. I have to put it on when I am nearly falling asleep.

It takes me a minimum of five minutes to get it over my head and attach the straps. I can't really adjust anything, which luckily you aren't really supposed to have to.

But that is the problem lately: leaks. I fiddle with it and try to fix it. Sometimes it works.

And sometimes i just wind up disconnecting the mask from the air, which I can't fix.

Being disabled is freaking awesome.

No comments:


Blog Archive