Tuesday, January 14, 2020

At least Fame was happy

At my old job, the fire marshal dissuaded us from using an evac chair during fire drills. Just stay in the stairwell till we come and get you, he said. The stairwells are fireproof.

I'd hand off Claren to a friend, and my boss and I just hung out in the stairwell.

It was a brand new building, so maybe that's the difference. The building I am in now doesn't seem super-safe.

That's why this morning when the alarm sounded, two co-workers transferred me to an evac chair, one brought Fame, who doesn't like fire drills, and a fourth held doors.

We found a spot out of the drizzle but not out of the chill. I had my jacket on backward and  my friends kept trying to pull it around me.

We eventually got the all-clear and returned.

Fame might have been the only one happy to be outside. Once she saw I wasn't moving anymore, she was good.

No comments:


Blog Archive