Thursday, January 23, 2020

Screened

Well, I survived my screening for the drug trial. I haven't been accepted yet -- waiting on lab work -- but I survived. (So did my sister who came with me.)

I have decided I don't like hotels. For starters, the one we were in put us in an accessible room on the fifth floor and didn't know what we'd do in the event of a fire. My sister pointed this silliness out and got a first-floor room, but it  wasn't as accessible and we lost a bed. That was fine because hotel beds are so high I can't get into them. I slept on the couch, well I laid on the couch and worried through the night.

It was a short night because I had to be at the clinic for screening at 7.

After paperwork, I faced the dreaded nine-hole peg test, which seems simple but is hellish. All you do is put nine pegs in nine holes one at a time with one hand, then take them out of the hole. I HATE IT!

More tests and a medical history, vitals, bloodwork, etc. I learned there'll be a chance I do all this and get a placebo, but if it works I think I'd get to do the next trial.

It won't be easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet your awesome sister Got your night for free or at least she better. We will not mess around at hotels. And your wise brother-in-law gave us the Twitter tip. And of course, my nephew gave me the yelp tip and if you get a survey blast them. I guarantee you, you will hear from someone. As well as your money you should get something in the form of extra points or whatever. Especially if you put it trip advisor. I am down to the 3 call approach, even calling when I am almost there, and even when I think I've got it and/or been to the hotel before, something gets screwed. I could go on for hours, especially when everything is in the comments of the reservation and you remind people of what is in the comments multiple times, and they still get it wrong. What is a roll in shower? Why do you need room on the side of the bed to get in? Hello out there? The ADA has been around for 30 years. I better lower my blood pressure and go to bed. And I know your awesome sister already had it covered before you left.
sdt
SDT


Blog Archive