Saturday, November 28, 2020

Help, I'm gonna die

When Milhouse's remote control airplane crashes on the roof of a mysterious house, Bart climbs up to get it. He slips and grabs onto a gutter, then a caterpillar steps on Bart's fingers, tickling him and making him lose his grip. "Help," he laughs, "I'm gonna die."

This was more or less me last night, though I wasn't falling off a roof but a bed.

My right leg started jumping, and as I often do, I sat up in bed. I hold onto my chair fo balance and just sit for a little. It works.

Last night, though, holding the chair didn't help me keep my balance. It actually hurt me because when I started falling back, I continued to hold on. The result was that my head was pulled off the bed. I was also holding on so I could not activate my watch to call for help.

Fame was an option, but unless people are up hearing her a floor away is dicey.

So I let go of my chair and slid a little farther off the bed. I was laughing, too, which sent me even farther, but with a free hand I activated Siri on my watch. Perhaps because of my positioning, it didn't understand who I wanted to call. Meanwhile, I kept sliding farther and farther.

At this point, I started asking Fam to bark. She did but was so excited by the prospect of company that she was barking with a stuffed animal in her mouth.

At this point, I was on the floor so I called my sister without Siri. But my sister heard Fame and shoed up to help before the call went through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need a new watch and talk to Apple about Siri doing a better job. Definitely enlist Emily. You will probably get watches for the whole family!
sdt

Matt said...

I don't think the awesome apple minds can make Siri understand a person falling off his bed who can't speak clearly anyhow


Blog Archive