Monday, December 7, 2020

Siri, stop embarrassing me

 My niece has a friend who lived with us last year, and I put her in my phone because she did her schooling online so she was around if needed.

Very early in the morning on Friday, like 5, I needed to call my sister.

I said, "Siri, call [my sister]."

What Siri heard was "call my niece's friend," whose name starts and ends with the same sounds as my sister's. So it did.

There is a moment after the call starts when you can hand up with no connection, and I did try. But my finger would not hit the hangup button.

Then, the ringing stopped and a voice came on. Voicemail fortunately. I hung up.

I asked my niece over the weekend her friend said anything to her about it. I got out the words, "Did [friend's name] ..." before she started laughing.

I am deleting that contact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the new version of a butt dial!
sdt


Blog Archive