Saturday, April 30, 2022

I’m itching and I don’t know how to scratch

 My back itched the other night as I got in bed. I was going to write “in a place I can’t easily reach when it occurred to me, “What place on my back is easy to reach?”

I asked Mom to put some skin creme on it and, when that didn’t help, to scratch it please.

That didn’t help either, so I began using my pillow like a bear yes a tree trunk,  leaning against and scratching.

That didn’t work either, so I started contorting my body to try to reach the itch.

I stopped not because it worked but because I got worried I was going to roll off the bed with all my contortions. Sure, dying would have stopped the itch but probably not worth it, I decided.

All this happened with the sleep mask perched atop my head.      

I decided to rely on television to take my mind off the itch, which seemed to be working until my leg started to jump. My left leg.

I shut off the TV and read, which usually works. Not this time.

I tried sitting up in bed, which also usually works. Not this time. Plus the tubing for the mask got hooked on my pillow and started pulling me back, so I laid back down. On the tubing, so more contorting to get it out from under me. 

My back still itched, remember.

I put the mask on, hoping that might stop the restless leg. Nope.

I read some more, took off the mask and sat up, and read again.

Finally, after 2, I fell asleep.

My itch had stopped at some point, but I don’t recommend this post as a way to stop an itchy back

In case you’re wondering, the itchy spot was just above my left shoulder blade.

No comments:


Blog Archive