Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Silly me

 In retrospect, it was pretty stupid, but hammer toes aren't especially unusual in the normal community, meaning the people without  Friedreich's ataxia. So when I was going to the podiatrist Monday to see about my hammer toes, it seemed legitimate to hope for one medical issue that would not involve FA. Keep dreaming, FA said. 

First, the doctor wanted to X-ray my feet. We have an X-ray machine, but you have to be able to stand. You will have to go to the hospital, I was told.

Then the doctor wanted a circulatory study to make sure my feet get enough blood to heal properly. Of course, they don't get. That's why my feet are always cold and have a nice purple tinge to them. Thank you, Friedreich's ataxia.

That wasn't the only issue I was dealing with Monday. 

My shower chair, which was supposed to come three weeks ago, was supposed to be delivered today. That did not happen. I suppose sooner or later I can file a theft lawsuit or something because they took my money.

I also managed to get stuck under my desk.

No comments:


Blog Archive