Saturday, June 20, 2020

Plus-infinity awesomeness

Last month, most of my nephews and nieces started a Dungeons and Dragons campaign online. My brother and I joined them.

Even though he hears worse than I do, my brother got along OK. He uses a captioning app not available on an iPhone.

I didn't do well.

I had patched my hearing aids into my computer and for some silly reason thought I'd be fine. 

Ten minutes into the first game, I was hopelessly lost, made my apologies, logged off and figured it was another thing Friedreich's ataxia robbed me of.

But they didn't think that.

My brother kept trying to find ways to get me on an Android. One niece talked to her computer geek boyfriend (she said "nerd") about it, and he said use this chat program, which has captioning. The Dungeon master practiced with his girlfriend so the captions would understand him. And they do!

I'm playing D&D tomorrow!

No comments:


Blog Archive