Thursday, November 15, 2018

Independence -- bah

My headshrinker asked me if I want to be independent.

If that means do I  want to go places on my own, when I want, without concern about whether the destination is accessible, has a bathroom I can use, etc., then yes, I want to be independent.

But short of a cure, a wheelchair-accessible self-driving car, a chair that handles stairs but also narrows to get into small bathrooms, or Miss Marvel as my girlfriend, it seems unlikely.

Sadly, those too seem unlikely.

So I told her I want to win the lottery and hire a butler.

That is also quite unlikely.

I think it would surprise some people to learn I don't want to be independent because they see me trying to do things on my own.

It's only because I feel like I impose whenever I ask for help. Everyone has stuff to do, so I may struggle at something and take forever to do it, not because of my need to do things myself but because I don't want to one a bother.


No comments:


Blog Archive