Friday, November 2, 2018

Saintly middle manager needed

God needs some solid middle managers to bring his plans into reality.

And God does have a plan.

People say of tragedies great and small that God has a plan and we just can't understand it.

Not so. Let me lay out the three-part divine plan (the trilogy of the trilogy so to speak):
  1. Let's make a lot of people (by evolution) and give them free will, 
  2. Let's hope they rejoice on earth, and
  3. Let's hope that all the people do good and go to Heaven.
After #1, the plan's outlook looks hazy.

Great idea, but unless the divine trains run on time, the plan has no chance of being fulfilled.

Illness, for instance, muck up #2 and can prevent #3. And I won't even touch on people whose lives are touched by real evil.

God clearly is an ideas person. This is where the middle managers come in. Not priests, I am thinking a choir of angels or the communion of saints. They could perform a miracle here, a healing there to get things going.

I was planning on nominating the patron saint of managers to lead the effort. But I can't find one. A patron saint of playing card manufacturers, no problem. (The three wisemen). Managers, nope.

The idea that illness and evil are repugnant to me as if for God the ends justify the means.

So I am sure God is just starry-eyed dreamer in need of a manager.

No comments:


Blog Archive