Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Yay, bikers

The issue is where the weight is in my chair or something like that.

It goes backward on normal surfaces fine, but if the front gets even a little stuck on mud, the wheels just spin, getting me more stuck. I have to go forward, and sometimes I get free.

Often I get more stuck. Today, for instance.

I went for a walk on the bike trail, which was clear of snow, but I started a turn a little early and got stuck. I couldn't back up, so I tried going forward. That worked, but I just got more stuck.

I was wearing a hood, so I didn't see who but I heard someone ask if I was OK. I turned and saw a biker who had stopped. I told her 'I m stuck and asked if she could pull me back.

She started trying without much luck. But then another biker stopped, then another, then two more.

The five got me out OK and made me feel better about humanity, although one biker did pedal by us when there were two helpers, so my cynicism isn't completely dead. But today, I like people. Mostly.

No comments:


Blog Archive