Sunday, November 21, 2021

Denial, not the river in Egypt

 My insurance company cares for my health. They say it right there in the two rejection letters they sent last week. 

“We care about your health,” the letters say.

I am sure, then, that the rejection of the power chair is an indication that they know my medical needs better than my doctor and physical therapist. 

I am also clearly misreading this sentence: “Many of the features also exceed the minimum specifications for your mobility needs.”

If I didn’t already know that they care about my health, I might assume from that line that they care about only money and just want to pay the minimum. 

But I know they care. They say so.

They also deny an order for a shower chair to replace one that is almost 15 years old.

Apparently, the ability to  shower is a convenience.

They do suggest I talk to my doctor about care options. 

I suspect lounging in bed 24/7 is a good option without a power chair.  Spit showers, as one  grandmother called them, or never going out are options for no shower chair.

It’s a good thing I know they care because they sure sound mean.

No comments:


Blog Archive