Sunday, November 28, 2021

Thanksgiving struggle

Thanksgiving is hard for me.

This is no surprise to my family, but I have been trying to figure out why.

I have much to be thankful for, I know, and I am. It may even outweigh at the one bad thing. It is really bad, though.

I think the problem is that family is a key part of the holiday, at least for me. It is for others, too, but normally there are distractions.

Thanksgiving has the meal, sure, but happy chatter is part of the meal. And try as I might, I can’t hear the jokes and news and stories. 

Listening fruitlessly has two effects. First, it is really tiring. It also makes me want just want to be alone.

But I need to be with my family.

Hence, my struggle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive