Sunday, November 7, 2021

What’s a few dead monkeys?

I  got an email the other day asking me to apply for the next phase of that drug trial I took part in in 2020. It was vague about a many things including start date, so I talked to a friend who works on drug trials who told me that in this kind of trial, you definitely get the drug and you take it for a long period. 

I liked that. 

I decided to email the study coordinator a few questions and when she didn’t respond, I looked the study up.

Turns out, they’re being a little optimistic.

The  FDA has a hold on the drug because of deaths of nonhuman primates at high dosage levels.

My neurologist suggested I go ahead and sign up to apply because it’s not like I am promising anything.

So I did. But geez, haven’t these medical people seen Planet of the Apes?

No comments:


Blog Archive