Monday, December 20, 2021

Hurry fast ... and bring toys

Christmas, Christmas time is near,
Time for toys and time for cheer.
We've been good, but we can't last.
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast.

Sadly, I don't have Alvin, Simon Or Theodore, but I do have people to make any Nativity feel down-right super.

Leading things off from left to right is Captain America, parachuting in. You can  almost hear  him shouting, “Nativity Assemble.” I would not want to be the innkeeper who sent the Holy Family to the stable.

Up next is Nativity staple Buffy the Vampire Slayer. When planning any gathering the forces of darkness might crash, you need a slayer, and Buffy is tops.

Captain Benjamin Sisko from Deep Space Nine is next. He’s always thinking is Sisko. I did hesitate to include because there’d be no ship or station he could lead, but I figured he’s handy in a fight. The real stumbling block  was his animosity toward Captain Picard who killed Sisko’s wife when Picard was Locutus of Borg. The reddit folks convinced me that Sisko had moved past his hatred. Plus, it was his wife.

Baby Yoda, a new-to-me figure from a friend, could pal around with the more famous baby in the Nativity. We won’t let him near any eggs.

Santa and the Big Three are next.

Next is new-to-me Mego Superman from my oldest sister. I need to order another red boot from Dr. Mego, but I kind of like this look. He reminds me of Mr.  Rogers, and I can think of no superhero who could play Mr. Rogers other than Superman.

Finally, Space Ghost, because what better get for a late-night host than the savior. On the other side, a good interview could get the public firmly on JC’s side.

Merry Christmas.



Blog Archive