Saturday, December 4, 2021

Please do bury me

 John Prine “woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died.”

I should be so lucky. (Just kidding! I do NOT want to die. It’s a joke, like John Prine giving his knees to the needy.)

Woke up one morning recently about an hour early and had to use the urinal. Not urgently at all. So I took off my mask and reached for my glasses.

Instead of grabbing them, I knocked them out of sight I know, I thought, I’ll turn on the light. Except I couldn’t find the light switch.

Half-blind, I tried arrange myself properly in the urinal.

It didn’t work.

I soaked the right side of my body and my bed.

My sister came and helped me into the shower.

I then reclined in my chair till I had to log on to work.

I  definitely wouldn’t agree with the rest of John  Prine’s song.

No one deserves parts of my body, so please bury me.


No comments:


Blog Archive