Wednesday, February 21, 2024

I wanna new drug

I took my first dose of statins last night to try to lower my cholesterol after the new drug for Friedreich's ataxia sent my cholesterol through the roof. 

I told my cardiologist that my cholesterol was high and that my personal care physician was going to retest my blood in the spring and start me on statins assuming they were needed. 

Apparently, that wasn't good enough. 

Which is one of the reasons I was a little annoyed to get this text that said how the drug store was working on a new prescription for me.

Eventually my cardiologist's nurse did email me but not before I got the text from the drug store.

Plus I told them this. It was nothing new.

If my cardiologist disagreed with my primary care physician, I sure wish he had told me when we were talking about it during my appointment.

Also, I am starting to get awful tired of this drug that is supposed to treat Friedreich's ataxia but so far has just raised my cholesterol.

Finally, I have been exercising 30 minutes almost every day this year, and I hoped that would lower my cholesterol, making statins unnecessary. That did not pan out. So why exercise at all?

I hate drugs.

No comments:


Blog Archive