Saturday, March 2, 2024

Standing tall against Wretched So-And-So

My niece plays ice hockey for her college. She is the goalie, and they are playing in the conference championship today.

She is quite good, I am told. I don't really follow hockey because I can never see the puck.

I called up the semifinal yesterday on my phone right before my nap to just see the score. But I got sucked in immediately. The announcer seems like a big fan of my niece. He kept saying things like how stellar she was or she was standing tall in the net. Also, it was captioned— albeit badly. It kept referring to an opponent as “Wretched [common first name]." I think the common first name was her last name. I'm not sure what the wretched was.

Anyway, I got hooked. She seemed, to this very untrained hockey observer, to be playing well and she was shutting out the opponent. They only scored on a controversial play at the end of the game.

Before I knew it, I had no nap and it was time for dinner.

I went to bed early, but the lack of a nap makes it hard to fall asleep. I was up too late. My legs started jumping, first one then the other. I had problems getting the sleep mask on, then I had to take it off to get the lift around my neck, so I could use the lift to relax my legs.

The lift did work but I was not really well rested.

They play again today. Right before my nap. I'll probably watch.

No comments:


Blog Archive